Tuesday, February 3, 2015 SHRM@QU hosted a presentation by Henning Seip, President and Co-Founder of SkillPROOF, Inc. Mr. Seip showed students his innovative job search website KRAZOOM, which takes the guesswork out of applying for internships and jobs (in all industries across the country). The KRAZOOM website is a database of over 1 million job opening. KRAZOOM allows job seekers to select requirements that match their skill set, instead of the typical guesswork of using skill keywords to find job postings. Not only does his website save valuable time, it also helps you tailor your resume to specific job postings and provides feedback to users on what skills you should develop (i.e., your skills gap). He wants job seekers to avoid what he calls the, “black hole of job applications.”
- Employers get flooded with resumes, many of which are not qualified for the position.
- All resumes have different formatting and organization, which is problematic when companies use computers to sort resumes.
- Using keyword searches is a guessing game and often means employers miss qualified candidates, and that candidates miss jobs that they would be qualified for.
- KRAZOOM can help you with the tedious task of customizing your resume for each job by pointing out key skills you match.
- Your skills should be highlighted at the top of your resume, then described further in context below. Stick to only what is relevant for that particular job!
- Remember, employers are looking for a reason to discard your resume, not keep it. Don’t give them a reason to say no 🙂
If you missed the talk, check out the KRAZOOM website here (it’s free!): http://www.krazoom.com/
Follow Mr. Seip on Twitter: http://twitter.com/henningseip
Watch his video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgy80HD2paU